It is the policy of Winstonson and Sons Nigeria limited to recruit and maintain a viable workforce. Consequently, it is our policy to:
• Ensure that all personnel to be engaged in the execution of any project are certified medically fit after a thorough medical examination that would be conducted by our retainer clinic.
• Ensure that every work location has access to a first aid box adequately stuffed with drugs relevant to the job, and suitable foe the number of persons on site.
• Identify and make inventory of potential physical, chemical, biological and ergonomically health hazards associated with work and working environment.
• Provide good and conducive accommodation for site personnel. The accommodation shall have sleeping faculties, toilets and sanitary faculties, laundry rooms, coking area, recreation room, first aid room and communication faculties.
Due to the high regards for safety in Winstonson and sons Nigeria limited, it is our policy to consider the safety of our employees as fundamental in any job execution.
Goals of this policy:
• To protect the physical health of employees.
• To promote good relationship with host communities.
• To protect the environment where the company is executing projects.
• To improve the quality of our work as well as our competiveness.
In order achieve the above listed goals and to ensure an enviable safety performance, Winstonson and sons Nigeria limited shall:
• Educate her employees on safety measures appropriate in promoting preventive measures by organizing informative and educative meetings for her staff.
• Carry out investigation on HSE condition in project areas.
• Effect control measures on the causes of accidents. • Analyze trends and find adequate corrective solutions to prevent accidents.
Winstonson and Sons Nigeria limited is fully aware of the impact of her activities on the environments of her operation and committed to ensuring that a clean and healthy environment is maintained in the course of her work execution. To this effect, we shall:
. Create safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
. Protect the environment and prevent pollution by complying with all local and international standards on environmental issues as regard our operation.
. Manage all categories of waste from cradle to grave.
. Predict likely environmental hazards associated with our jobs and minimize acts capable of causing such hazards.
. Institute proper machinery for monitoring, assessing and auditing our performances.
Winstonson and sons Nigeria limited shall take all necessary steps required for the enhancement of harmonious relationship between the Company and host community. This shall be achieved via:
• Observing all protocols and customs of the people in the community.
• Using dialogue to resolve issues between the company and host community at all times.
• Employment of indigenous
• Encouragement of community participation in projects by the employment of both skilled and unskilled personnel into our Labor force for the execution of projects.
• Supporting developmental activities beneficial to the host community to the best of our ability.
• Executing our projects without devaluing the environmental values that can affect the lives of the host community.
Winstonson and sons Nigeria limited shall through her Public relation personnel Liaise with host community with the aim of developing and maintaining a friendly and mutually beneficial relationship with her host community indigenes.
It is the policy of Winstonson and Sons Nigeria limited to ensure that all her personnel are adequately protected from hazards associated with any activity they are to be engaged in.
Winstonson and Sons Nigeria limited shall therefore :
• Supply her personnel the personal protective equipments (PPE) required for any operation, activity or task the personnel is to be engaged in.
• Educate her staff duly on the needs and importance of the correct usage of the personal protective equipments (PPE) required for any operation, activity or task.
Winstonson and sons Nigeria limited understands the importance of waste management and its effect on the environment and is therefore committed to minimizing waste production at every stage of her operation by identifying the most efficient methods to reduce the production of waste.
It is our policy to :
• To ensure that all our operations and activities are fully in compliant with all current waste management legislation.
• To ensure that all wastes are disposed correctly, without endangering human health and without using processes or methods that could harm the environment.